Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Yesterday we went to my grandmother's for lunch, and it was wonderful. Grandma made the turkey, dressing, and zipper cream peas, Tracy made a sweet potato casserole, and I made mashed potatoes, green beans, a green salad, and heated up some of those yummy Bunny bread heat-and-serve rolls. It was a smaller crowd this time around: Kevin, Tracy and their 3 boys, Jay and I and our 2 children, Anna, Mama, Grandma and Amanda and Jim. Everyone was able to sit around one table! We missed everyone else that had other plans, though.

We spent a lot of time sitting around the table talking. It was the best Thanksgiving meal I've had in quite a while. We went to Aunt Nonie's on Saturday for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, and I always enjoy seeing everyone. But it's somewhat chaotic and disjointed. We don't have a place where we can all sit down and the kids are usually running crazy outside anyway. So half of us are inside and then outside and then on the porch and over at the shop. I didn't feel like I was really able to spend a lot of time with everyone. Of course, I love me some Laura and Lisa 'cause they make me laugh, and I did hang with them quite a bit. I just kept having to mill around to get to everyone. The food was absolutely fabulous, too. It's probably just me anyway. I wasn't feeling great with my foot and I was worried about Daniel's broken arm.

So I guess I'm just thankful that I had such a great day yesterday. I'm thankful that we had the time to spend together. And it was cool 'cause Anna came and spent the night last night. She got up STUPID early this morning to go shopping with Amanda for Black Friday deals . . . they should be back in a little while. She's supposed to hang here (for the nighttime anyway) through the weekend so she doesn't have to drive back home each night.

Jay is still working on the other computer, so he's run to pick up an adapter. Olivia is trying to catch up with her cousins to see if they can come over and play this afternoon and spend the night. Daniel is, guess what, playing with trains. It's just gonna be a relaxing day around here . . . I hope everyone had a great day with their families.

No comments: