Sunday, December 30, 2007

DREAM MORE - SBG Collab Collection, Impressions of Anticipation


CREDITS: All papers and elements from Impressions of Anticipation coming to SBG New Year's Eve! Background paper and butterfly frame overlay: Studio Berna; cardboard butterfly: Studio Birgit; butterfly rubon: Studio Mirranda; dirty twisted ribbon: Studio Jessica; doodled/ribbon wrapped frame, bead border, ribbon border, doodled border, doodled flower, jewel and Dream More word art: Studio Lorie

Journaling: I have to admit that I had the wind taken out of my sails in February of 2007. While I was believing that the year wiould be filled with nothing but blessings after our family's hardships in 2006, reality brought sharp blows to that belief and left me a shaking leaf in its wake. Physical illnesses continued to make a mark on my children, and the depression that I had been facing since the fall really sunk in and had me sinking fast. In frustration and at the end of my spiritual rope, I chose to explore taking a medication to treat the depression. I am so glad I did. The year continued to bring surprises and I think that I was able to focus on what was truly important and ignore the negative (most of the time). The end of the year ended up with me having a severely sprained ankle and my son having a broken arm. Yet through all this, I have found a deep passion for digi scrapping, a true love for being able to create and preserve memories at the same time. In spite of everything that came against us, I feel so blessed. In 2008, I will forge ahead in spite of hardships. I will DREAM MORE, and then make those dreams come true.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey Cheryl! I finally found your blog after Sheree tagged us both! I love your layouts!! I dabbled a bit in digi-scrapping and should probably get back into it. I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas and pray God's blessing for this upcoming year.

flattsgurl said...

Happy New Years Cheryl!

This LO is absolutely AMAZING! I love the journaling. Have struggled with something similar. Everything about this LO is just so perfect. I can't say enough how much I love this LO. I am a fan of yours. :) Your style is great. And I have to say a big THANK YOU for introducing me to Lorie Davison...her designs are beautiful.

Leigh said...

Gorgeous lo! Stunning! My cousin used to tell me that what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. YOu will see that God will bring you to the other side and you will be a better person for all your experiences.