Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Pieces of Me

Another faithsister completed a LO using a template that looks like this. I loved it so much, I had to scraplift it. She even told us where to download the free template. I got it and looked at it . . . I don't think I would have ever thought to take apart one photo into pieces. I would have been tempted to put separate small pictures of an event or something. I love how she was able to look at the template and do this. And I love how I was able to scraplift the idea from her! I am really enjoying incorporating my faith into my scrapbooks. I saw these pieces of myself and thought about how I've been broken into pieces. Sometimes by the actions of others, but mostly because of my own actions. Thinking about how God takes those pieces and uses them anyway. The scripture from Hosea on the LO is referencing Israel's unrepentance. How many times I have sinned and been unrepentant! But if I return to the Lord, He will heal me! I've just been mulling this over since I created this . . . and I started thinking about this great bracelet I got for Christmas. It's sterling silver and each link has small pieces of china. Now, I'm sure that each piece of china that she used was beautiful on its own when it was whole. I have to say, though, that I really think my bracelet is gorgeous with all those broken pieces put together. Hmmm . . . wonder if God thinks that way, too. About us as the body of Christ in this world. That our pieces strung together make something beautiful.

Credits:
Template: Dee-Doo's Digital Scrapbooking
Beauty Kit: happy-scrap.com
Diamonte swirls: Flergs
Date Stamp brushes: Rhona Farrer
Alpha: OldPaper Alphabet, Lauren Bavin at digitalscrapbookplace.com
Font: 215000EURO


No comments: