Saturday, November 10, 2007

Faith Prevails

I created this layout for a challenge at faithsisters.com. The challenge was to create a LO that shows a difficult struggle or challenge that I have overcome and that strengthened my faith.

My son's first surgery was in April '06. He had a calcified cephalohematoma removed. The surgery went well, recovery went well . . . until June and then we started having problems. Parts of the skin around the incision weren't healing. We discovered that his body was rejecting the bone wax that was used to seal the skull to limit bleeding during the surgery. In August '06, we went back into the hospital to basically have the area debrided. We weren't prepared for the wound care after this surgery. After his first surgery, we basically kept the incision site cleaned. After this surgery, we had open wounds that required sterile (as close as we could get) packings three times a day. A nightmare. It required one or two extra people to hold him down while I tried to keep myself calm enough to remove the old packing and put in the new. It was physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually draining. I didn't think I would ever be able to do anything like this, and yet day after day, I was plodding along. Crying, praying, weeping, praying, hoping, praying. It was finally over in October '06. I did experience depression following this, and got some medical help. Looking back now, I see that God was carrying me and my heavy burden each and every day, each and every moment. With Him, all things are possible.


Credits: Krystal Hartley's True to Yourself kit; Krystal Hartley Word Art/Weekly Verse; font 1942 report; glitter dust My Emma Doodle; brushes (date and lines) Rhona Farrer 2PS Celebration kit

No comments: