Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Cousin My Friend My Blessing - SBG Studio Starts Challenge

I created this LO for an SBG challenge. Scrap a blessing. I have SO many blessings, but I spent some time with my cousin on Christmas Eve. She is an extraordinary mother to three handsome boys, and I really love to laugh and hang out with her. She knows all my deep dark secrets and still thinks I am wonderful! You can't find that kind of acceptance just any old place. In many ways she has been like a sister to me. We are 6 months apart in age, and literally grew up on the same piece of property. We spent hours playing in my playhouse. Barbies, setting up house, anything and everything our imagination could contrive. We used to sit out in the playhouse and swelter in the afternoons to watch Tom & Jerry cartoons on the old B&W t.v. We played 45 records on this little blue record player she had. One of the records was "Blue Velvet." ***singing*** She wore blue velvet, whoa-whoa, bluer than velvet were her eyes, whoa-whoa-whoa . . . so many fun memories, some sad ones, but ones I wouldn't trade for the world.

So without further ado, here is my lovely cousin and friend and a true blessing in my life . . . Tracy . . . isn't she beautiful?


CREDITS:
PAPERS & ELEMENTS: Flittery Sparkles Collection by Studio Lorie
TORN NOTEPAPER: Journal Collection by Raspberry Road Designs
DATE STAMP BRUSH and CIRCLE BRUSHES: FREEBIES ON INTERNET, SOURCES UNKNOWN
PARISIAN ALPHABET BRUSHES: Rhonna Farrer
BIRD STAMP BRUSH: A Little Christmas Brushes, Rhonna Farrer

1 comment:

Leigh said...

The colors in this lo are stunning and so bring out the beautiful face of your dear cousin and friend!