Monday, September 6, 2010

Music for my soul

CREDITS: Precious Memories by Laitha's Designs and Studio Manu (Laitha's Designs Sept Guest at Scrap Matters); font is FG Deserea Fancy

Journaling:  When I feel broken, worn down, used up, sold out, fenced in, chained by my past, just listening to the music on my blog playlist uplifts me. I have filled it with contemporary Christian songs, and the lyrics speak to my soul. It helps me remember that I am not alone, no matter how I am feeling. It reminds me that I have a Savior who carries me and every burden and problem that I have. I listen to other types of music. Sometimes I have to break out a little abba or music from the 80s, or some fun big band music. Yet I turn to the lyrics of the contemporary Christian music to encourage me, to uplift me, to strengthen me. I love this music that speaks to my soul.

No comments: