Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Days ~ featured at Faith Sisters

Three of my layouts of my brother's military training/service are featured on the Faith Sisters home page for Veterans and Remembrance Day. Check it out: 11/11/08 Veterans Day.

I've tried to explain to my brother how proud I am of him, but every time I try, the words just don't express the depth of my feelings. I was almost 20 years old when he was born, and I remember seeing him for the first time in the hospital. I remember how stinkin' cute he was as a little boy. He was so well-behaved and fun, just a joy to be around. As he's grown into a man, he's changed some, especially when he entered the Army. But I know that my brother is still there in the smiles he shares, the things we laugh about, his easy-going ways.

For all these things, it's still extraordinary to me that my brother who is younger than I was when he was born made the momentous decision to serve our country. He had other options, but this is the path he wanted to follow. His focus and determination are incredible. So C.J., out there doing whatever you're doing in training right now ~ I'm so proud of you, of the man you are, of the man you're becoming.

Salute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of him too!