Sunday, April 6, 2008

DECK OF ME CHALLENGE, WEEK 8

Well, here we are: Week 8 of the Deck of Me Challenge.

This week's prompt is to write about someone or something you miss. I've often thought about some memories that I have about watching The Lawrence Welk Show with my cousin at my grandparents' home. During the show, there would always be a commercial for a lotion called Rose Milk. At the time, they offered the lotion as a cream in a small glass jar. I went on a search and could only find a picture of the product as it is being sold currently. It's the same picture on the bottle, but I really miss that little fat jar! My aunt always had a jar, and I would put on the lotion and watch the commercial and the whole Lawrence Welk show with my aunt and her parents (my grandparents). It seems like a really silly thing to miss . . . and I suppose I'm missing much more than the jar or the smell. Alas, my seven-year-old self will not return, nor will that little jar held by my aunt with that sweet smelling lotion.
You can view credits for my card HERE and you can view Emily Falconbridge's blog entry and card HERE.

So think about it: who are what are you missing right now?

Remember to post your cards in the Shakin' Challenges, Deck of Me Gallery HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is awesome, Cheryl! I don't remember that commercial, but I sure remember watching Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights after we'd had our baths--sitting in the cold air conditioned living room with we hair. *sigh* One of my favorite memories!!