Friday, October 8, 2010

Shutter Island

One of my blog followers asked me to let "y'all" know what I thought about Shutter Island.  While I'm an avid reader, I'm not much of a book reviewer other than giving you a "like" or a "dislike."  This particular novel, though, gets a "somewhere in between."  Having only seen movie previews, I had the impression that the book was going to be scary, but it was more creepy and puzzling than anything else.  I loved the fast pace of the book as well as the twists and turns of the plot, yet at the same time I found it to be depressing and disappointing at the end.  I'm not certain this was a fault of the author's, but more or less how I felt at the end.  The ride to get to the final pages, though, was enthralling.

So.  You get "somewhere in between."  If you're a fan of thrillers/mysteries, then I think you'll enjoy the book.  Whether you read this book or not ~ go out and read something!

No comments: