Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Travel Memory

CREDITS: Around The World by Sahlin Studio and Britt-ish Designs; font is Righter

My first plane ride was when I was eight years old.  I went with my Grandma Hicks to Atlanta to visit my cousin Shelley. That's not even really my memory. I've just been told that she was my travel partner.  I believe I do remember that the inside of the plane had a lot of blue, and that I was seated by the window and I watched a lot of clouds that I thought would taste just like cotton candy.  I also remember eating salted almonds, a treat that I love to this day. So no pictures, no special wings or a certificate to mark my first journey through the air, just some vague recollections of my eight year old self that I can pull out of my mind.  Trip to Atlanta, Georgia Approximately 1978  Journaling by Cheryl March 2010

No comments: